EC Ranger 300
Gas Gas brings back the spirit of adventure of its legendary Pampera, adapting this go-anywhere bike to the demands of today’s riders with the new EC Ranger. Light weight, useable power, easy to handle and suitable for any type of rider, this is the new bike from Gas Gas. The ideal formula for all those who love “light enduro” and “trail excursion” and want to enjoy off-road riding like never before without sacrificing the comfort of the new generation of off-road motorcycles.
The new EC Ranger has its own personality within the Gas Gas Enduro 2019 range, with a character focused on recreational use unlike its more competition focused stablemates. With differences in temperament but similarities in terms of the EC model base bike for a new Gas Gas EC Ranger that shares the same central spine frame and most of the components, adapting to the needs of the wide range of profiles that make up the world of enduro.
A model valid both for hobby riders, as well as for those more daring riders, passionate about extreme enduro, thanks to its versatility and easy handling.Let’s Ride Find bikes nearby
progressive engine response
The new EC Ranger has been designed for having fun. For that reason it has been decided to soften its delivery, adopting a new thermodynamic performance and premiering a new cylinder and cylinder head. Changes that have helped to decompress the engine and get a more full and elastic delivery at low speed. While at high revs its output has been limited, sweetening its power and providing that pleasant feeling of always having everything under control. A modern two-stroke engine that will be built in two sizes, 200 and 300 cc and will come off the Salt production line with an exhaust system from the company Tecnigas.
Quality and reliability
In the suspensions section, Gas Gas maintains all its confidence in the renowned quality and reliability of the firm Kayaba, incorporating a new front fork from the Japanese firm, this time 46 millimeters in diameter with open cartridge andcompression and rebound adjustment at the front; and the same adjustable rear shock absorber as used by the EC models, varying only in length, with preload and rebound adjustment. As for the braking system, the new Gas Gas model uses new NG brand discs – 260 mm front and 240 mm rear – and also new brake calipers and pistons, a system developed exclusively by Braktec for this version.
A new enduro era begins
Comfortable and practical
All these changes add up to a long list of new components in the frame and suspension of the new Gas Gas EC Ranger. For example the new comfortable, padded seat cover or the removal of the traditional kick-start of other models, with starting now being taken care of by a new electric start system with lead acid battery.
EXCLUSIVE GRAPHIC DESIGN
With the aesthetics, the new EC Ranger premieres a very different graphic design from the rest of the Gas Gas enduro range. A new and attractive image giving greater prominence to the white colour, present both in the frame and in the panels of this new Gas Gas, a go-anywhere bike that takes up where the historic Pampera left off to adapt to the demands of today’s rider.
The new GAS GAS EC Ranger combines highly reliable components with great features to produce a whole that conveys exceptional dependability.
Built around a central backbone frame. One state-of-the-art innovation to add to a long list of modifications which include an outstanding suspension system of the highest quality and components that provide this latest Gas Gas motorcycle with greater handling, lightness and versatility. A new EC Ranger suitable for all enthusiasts and designed to ensure easy mechanical maintenance.
With the frame and suspension, the design of this new Gas Gas shows the deliberate aim for this model to become an enduro that satisfies the whole range of riders, thanks to its lower seat height and its excellent maneuverability. A height 40 millimeters lower than the range of EC models is achieved by redesigning the suspension.
Optimised link with wishbone
Optimised link with wishbone and rocker system, new progressive rear suspension
New multifunction display unit
Monoshock with adjustable rebound and adjustable high and low speed compression.
Rapid filter removal
Rapid filter removal system through the side cover
Pure white Sub-frame design
Aluminium sub-frame with new profiles, lighter and more resistant
|Engine||2-stroke Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled|
|Bore x stroke||72 x 72 mm|
|Starter||Electric (Kick Start Kit available)|
|Ignition||Electronic – Euro4 with 2-stage MAP switch|
|Gearbox||6 speed gearbox with foot control|
|Clutch||Multidisc in oil bath. Magura clutch pump|
|Carburettor||Keihin PWK 36 mm|
|Intake system||Direct reed valve VForce 4|
|Exhaust muffler||TECNIGAS 2.0 – GASGAS Powered by TECNIGAS|
|Frame||Center frame in chrome-moly-steelframe|
|Swingarm||Aluminium and Linkage system|
|Front fork||KYB ø46 mm, single cartridge|
|Front suspension travel||270 mm|
|Rear suspension travel||300 mm|
|Rim type||Excel Aluminium spoke rim|
|Rim – tyre||Front: 1.6 x 21 – 90/90 – 21VRM211F T.T.|
|Rim – tyre||Rear: 2.15 x 18 – 120/90 – 18 VRM211F T.T.|
|Front brake||Braktec Front brake caliper ; NG Disk Ø260 mm|
|Rear brake||Braktec Rear brake caliper ; NG Disk Ø220 mm|
|Dry weight||107 kg|
|Dimensions||Length x width x height: 2145 x 810 x 1205 mm|
|Seat height||930 mm|
- Central backbone frame, completely redesigned, less torsional stiffness and low weight
- Aluminium sub-frame with new profiles, lighter and more resistant
- Kayaba (KYB) Ø 46 front fork, single cartridge, adjustable spring rate, compression and rebound
- Kayaba (KYB) monoshock with adjustable rebound and adjustable high and low speed compression
- Greater turn angle
- Black suspension and handlebar clamps
- Fully redesigned aluminium alloy swingarm, optimized and lightened
- Optimised link with wishbone and rocker system, new progressive rear suspension
- Completely redesigned chain guide system and rollers
- Easier chain tensioner adjustment
- Rear axle designed for faster removal
- EXCEL rims with silver galvanized spokes
- NG brake discs
- Narrower petrol tank with a large fuel capacity
- Larger air filter housing volume
- Rapid filter removal system through the side cover number panel
- Inlet system (filter, spider assembly, canister and nozzle)
- Narrower seat with lateral mounting covered with a larger foam base to improve comfort
- Lighter footpegs with more grip and greater surface area
- Braktec rear brake and slave cylinder system
- MAGURA clutch cylinder
- Redesign of the whole body of the motorcycle, narrower, more aggressive and more comfortable
- Radiator grilles
- Fork protectors
- Frame protectors
- Electrical installation and distribution of its components (battery, CDI, starter relay, regulator and coil)
- New multifunction
- LED rear light and headlight
- New Gas Gas ECRanger motor design
- New torque focused ECRanger expansion chamber
- New thermodynamic and higher performance
- New crankshaft
- Cylinder with new distribution
- Cylinder head with new strut
- TECNIGAS 2.0 exhaust silencer designed exclusively for Gas Gas
- New refrigeration system
- Improved clutch lubrication system